“We Walk With You”
Caring for children with emotional or behavioral challenges can be overwhelming at times. ‘Ohana Support Services (OSS), a program within Child & Family Service, is here to support you as a Caregiver, to help you navigate this system, to have your voice heard, and to learn new skills or resources. Parent Partners help encourage you to define and achieve your own goals through offering options and resources.
Our Parent Partners have been in your shoes. They know what it’s like trying to get loved ones the help needed and the stress it can add your family. They will walk with you throughout your journey by offering non-judgmental peer-to-peer support. The Parent Partners help to empower YOU to be in the driver’s seat of your child’s team.
- Encourage self-care and suggest ideas for your own well-being.
- Offer positive parenting skills and provide different ways to come together as a family.
- Empower Caregivers to be heard, build collaborative relationships with the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division (Dept of Heath), Department of Education and/or other system of care teams.
- Provide advocacy and support at important meetings.
- Help organize and complete everyday needs like paperwork, housing and accessing necessary benefits for your family.
- Connect Caregivers with community and educational resources.
- Encourage Caregivers to be a leader in your home and community, develop self -advocacy skills, and meet daily living needs.
- Help to link you to Caregiver/Family support groups.
‘Ohana Support Services is a statewide program provided through your local CAMHD Family Guidance Centers. Our Parent partners will meet you wherever is most convenient for you.
91-1841 Ft. Weaver Rd.
Ewa Beach, HI 96706
O‘ahu / Main Program Telephone: 808.681.1438
Neighbor Islands / Toll-Free Line: 844.748.3070
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
We are here to help everyone we can or get them to the proper services. Please ask your Care Coordinator about eligibility or call us directly for information on self-referral to our Program.
There are no fees charged for this program.
‘OSS is supported by the State of Hawai‘i, Department of Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division.
The Department of Health provides access to its programs and activities without regard to race, color, national origin/ancestry-including language, age, sex-including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, color, religion, or disability.
Write or call the Hawaii State Department of Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division at 3627 Kilauea Avenue, Room 101 Honolulu, Hawaii 96816 or at (808) 733-9333. Or write or call the Affirmative Action Office at P.O. Box 3378, Honolulu, HI 96801-3378 or at (808) 586-4614 (voice/TRS) or 586-4648 (TDD) within 180 days of a problem.