4-1112 Kuhio Highway, Kapaa, HI 96746
Wednesdays, February 20 to April 24, from 3 to 5:30pm.
4556 Makeke Rd, Waimea, HI 96796
Tuesday, February 19 to April 23, from 3 to 5:30pm.
An interactive, values-based after school program for Kaua`i youth, ages 10 to 21. It’s free. It’s fun. There’s food! Invite your friends or make some new ones!
- Enjoy hands-on recreational activities, interactive talk story circles, and community outings as we explore Hawaiian cultural values and traditions
- Develop life skills that improve how you think, feel and act in challenging times
- Practice effective, respectful ways to express yourself and get your needs met as you communicate with friends, family, and community
- Empower yourself with leadership skills, a positive focus for your future, and strategies for bouncing back from hard times
- Take advantage of after-school homework help and tutoring
For more information or to sign up:
East Kaua‘i: 808.821.2520
West Kaua‘i: 808.338.0252
Eligibility and appropriateness for participation to be determined by program staff at intake.
The Department of Health provides access to its programs and activities without regard to race, color, national origin/ancestry-including language, age, sex-including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, color, religion, or disability.
Write or call the Hawaii State Department of Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division at 3627 Kilauea Avenue, Room 101 Honolulu, Hawaii 96816 or at (808) 733-9333. Or write or call the Affirmative Action Office at P.O. Box 3378, Honolulu, HI 96801-3378 or at (808) 586-4614 (voice/TRS) or 586-4648 (TDD) within 180 days of a problem.