Child & Family Service (CFS) is all about FAMILY. Strengthening Hawaii’s families since 1899, CFS is a Hawaii-born, impact-driven, community-based organization. Their statewide community programs include preschool education, prevention of child abuse and neglect, programs for at-risk youth, domestic violence emergency services, therapeutic counseling, employment assistance, and programs for elder care. Using the organization’s core values of H.O.P.E. (Humility, Ownership, Perseverance, and Engagement), CFS works with families to help them achieve their dreams including, financial independence, planning for a thriving future and caring for all generations of their ‘ohana.
CFS meets families where they are in life and connects with them in the neighborhoods where they live, work and play. Through a variety of programs statewide, CFS offers services on O‘ahu, Kaua‘i, Maui County, and Hawai‘i Island. CFS designs services that ensure the highest positive impact for its program participants. Their culturally informed programs are proven effective through research-based analysis. CFS team members partner with individuals and families to provide them with the tools and resources they need to create meaningful and lasting change in their own lives.
Their programs zone in on five focus areas:
- Caring for Keiki: Childhood education programs and programs focusing on the prevention of child abuse and neglect through parent education and family counseling.
- Healing from Trauma: Programs designed to aid individuals and families in crisis, helping them to heal and rebuild their lives through counseling and therapeutic support services.
- Empowering Youth: Programs that help teens through personal crisis in school and in life, providing tools to become confident, independent and successful with the ability to earn a high school diploma.
- Honoring Kupuna: Caregiver programs offering respite, resources and support to families caring for elderly loved ones with other health issues. Wellness and case management programs helping keep kupuna safe and living independently.
- Social Enterprises: Contracted counseling and crisis intervention services for local businesses.
Look for us in your community or explore our complete listing of programs, organized by island and focus area.
- ‘Imi ‘Ike
- Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment Community Based
- Alaka‘i Club
- Coalition Building Partnership Program
- Crisis Mobile Outreach
- Evaluation & Outpatient
- Family Centers
- Functional Family Therapy
- Hale Ho‘omalu
- Hale O Ulu – Tutoring
- Ho‘opono Mamo Juvenile Assessment Center
- Intensive In-Home Therapy
- Intensive Independent Living Skills
- Ka Huliau
- Multisystemic Therapy
- Nana’s House
- Neighborhood Place of Wailuku
- Ohana Support Services
- Positive Youth Development (Youth Independent Living Services)
- Residential Crisis Stabilization Program
- Therapeutic Crisis Home
- Together We Can
- Transitional Family Home / Respite Home (Foster Parenting)
- Youth Outreach Program (Community Based, School Based, & Criminal Justice)