Child & Family Service appreciates gifts-in-kind, donations of items and services, which help various programs. Due to storage issues, please call 808.543.8413 if you are interested in donating. Walk-in donations will not be accepted.
CHILD & FAMILY SERVICE TOP WISH LIST
We welcome donations of new items listed or gifts of cash/checks in any amount which can be used to help purchase these items and other pressing needs.
Our programs help build strong families ties that honor children, fathers, mothers, and kūpuna; programs that help families heal from trauma and develop tools that help throughout their lives.
- Board Games to encourage family dynamics
- Gift Cards to create Family Experiences (i.e.: trip to the water park; zoo tickets; movies; other creative experiences)
- Items to help build a family picnic (Bentos; beach grill, gift card for food items; paper products)
- Family Traditions: share a holiday tradition and provide the items to help a family to start it in their own family.
- Provide funding for a parent to shop for his or her own child’s holiday gift (our family counselor will help the parent to budget and take her/him/them to shop).
CARING FOR KEIKI PROGRAMS:
Childhood education programs and programs focusing on the prevention of child abuse and neglect through parent education and family counseling.
- Gift Cards to purchase items daily items needed for newborns and babies (such as baby wipes, diapers, formula Educational toys & books for newborns & toddlers)
- First time mother’s “kit” (thermometer; first aid; etc.)
- Gift Certificate for Infant car seats & strollers (due to safety regulations, these items must be new)
- Baby proof items (door guards; outlet covers; corner guards, etc.)
HEALING FROM TRAUMA PROGRAMS:
Programs designed to aid individuals and families in crisis, helping them to heal and rebuild their lives through counseling and therapeutic support services.
- Educational toys, school supplies, and books for children & teens of all ages
- Toiletries: soft bristle toothbrushes (adults & children), toothpaste, baby shampoo, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, etc.
- Women & Children’s slippers – all sizes
- Twin size bedding, pillows, bath towels, and facecloths
- Personal undergarments for women and children (all sizes)
EMPOWERING YOUTH PROGRAMS:
Programs that help teens through personal crisis in school and in life, providing tools to become confident, independent, and successful and to earn a high school diploma.
- Pens, pencils, markers, electronic pencil sharpeners, art supplies
- Journals (personal journaling and classroom use)
- Gift cards to Ross for apparel or bedding needs (any denomination)
- Chess sets, educational games for young adults/teens
- $5 gift cards for incentives (Starbucks; Subway; MacDonald’s; etc.)
HONORING KŪPUNA PROGRAMS:
Caregiver programs offering respite, resources, and support to families caring for elderly loved ones with other health issues. Wellness and case management programs help keep kūpuna safe and living independently.
- Gift Cards to purchase incontinence supplies (such as Depends) ~ due to lack of storage space, the gift cards will be used to purchase items as needed.
- Bus vouchers (weekly or monthly denominations @ 7-11 or Foodland)
- CVS/Long’s gift cards in any denomination (to ensure the cards purchase items of need, CFS staff will help make the purchases for the client)
- Fragrance-free lotions, shampoo, and soap
- Jitterbug Plus (medical alert system & cell phone in one)