Our guiding vision is HOPE; concepts of Humility, Ownership, Perseverance and Engagement, and these pillars are infused throughout every aspect of CFS. At Child & Family Service (CFS), we know through our deep-rooted experience that extreme stress and trauma can cause challenges for children and families, and it is our duty to give those we serve the HOPE they need to not only improve their lives but sustain it. CFS learned over the years that trauma brought about by unexpected events will always warrant basic needs all the way to individual and group counseling needs.
The CFS HOPE Fund is a pool of discretionary funds that CFS leadership can access for uses such as:
1. Community crisis response needs including;
- Salaries for crisis response (e.g.: such as to increase hours – not covered under contracts)
- Fund temporary new positions in response to crisis
- Travel expenses for staffing support
- Addressing children’s needs; healthy tools for self-soothing during crisis; childcare support;
- Direct assistance for necessities such as food and clothing, temporary housing assistance, transportation support, or other identified needs to address the trauma
- Other participant needs as determined by case workers and island directors
2. Staff wellness initiatives, or
3. To help with a need that is not covered by program budgets
Your generosity through the HOPE Fund ensures funding is available to respond to the organizations most urgent needs.