Child & Family Service is a 2018 “Best Places To Work”
Child & Family Service (CFS) is all about family, and that includes taking care of our valued staff members!
CFS has been named a 2018 Best Places to Work by Hawaii Business Magazine in the large organization category. Each year Hawaii Business Magazine partners with research firm Best Companies Group to administer the Best Places to Work survey. The main part of the survey is a confidential questionnaire sent to all employees, with the rest of the score based on questions answered by the Human Resources department about benefits and working conditions.
“We are honored and pleased to receive this award, said CFS President & CEO Karen Tan. “CFS is a great place to work thanks to the commitment of all of our staff members. They work hard to meet the needs of our community, so we want to create a work environment where they feel appreciated and supported.”
“Transparency, innovation and appreciation are the hallmarks of our commitment to our employees,” Tan added. “We are transparent in our communication, we encourage innovation to meet the needs of our families, and we express our sincere appreciation for the work and dedication of staff members.”
In addition to a full package of compensation and benefits that includes generous paid time off, holidays, preventative care and volunteer time, CFS staff members also enjoy the following special programs:
- Giving and Receiving feedback training: Communications is a two-way street, and all staff members participate in ongoing feedback sessions and activities.
- Emergency Travel Loan and Catastrophic Leave Assistance: We understand that family need and emergencies can occur at any time and assist staff members in their time of need.
- Employee Referral Program: All employees are eligible for a timely cash award for referrals.
- Wellness Programs: Our Wellness Committee members create activities and classes that are fun and good for a healthy lifestyle.
- CFS Leadership Academy: CFS has created a career growth and development path through our Leadership Academy, a comprehensive six-month curriculum for up-and-coming leaders in the nonprofit community.
- Tiny Pulse: Through weekly organization-wide real time surveys, we take a temperature check on current issues as well as recognize outstanding employee work.
- Ongoing Communications: Through newsletters, training and an open flow of information, we keep our staff members apprised of our challenges, opportunities and accomplishments!
Throughout our 118-year history, CFS has been committed providing provide hope to family members of all ages. The care, expertise and professional experience of our staff members are our most valuable assets.
For more information on job openings and benefits, visit our Career page.