CFS Guild O‘ahu
In 1984, community leaders Lynn Watanabe, Sharon Weiner, and Ruthann Yamanaka had a vision for a Child & Family Service Guild that would provide voluntary leadership and support for fundraising and awareness opportunities. With the support and encouragement of Jeff Watanabe, Chairman of the CFS Board (1984 – 87), the first CFS Guild was formed with ten original members.
What does the Guild do?
The Guild provides support to Child & Family Service by:
• Helping to increase public awareness of what CFS does in the community
• Organizing funding events to support CFS programs
• Creating opportunities to develop special projects to help CFS meet its objectives and needs
• Volunteering with CFS programs and projects
Interested in being a Guild Volunteer? As a Guild Volunteer you can:
• Create an opportunity for personal growth while working towards making your community a better place to live
• Further your leadership and teamwork skills
• Make lifelong friends
• Choose your own time commitment
• Contribute your specialized areas of expertise
To volunteer for the CFS Guild – O’ahu
Development & Communications Office: 808.543.8413