We appreciate your interest in volunteering at Child & Family Service.
Child & Family Service is a complex organization which serves a wide variety of clients in a myriad of locations. We currently have over 35 different programs serving over 9,000 individuals and families throughout Hawai‘i. We serve the most vulnerable and troubled families in our community and go to great lengths to insure that they receive the high quality services that they deserve.
Child & Family Service has a long history of serving the community in Hawai‘i and was originally incorporated as a private non-profit in 1899.
Child & Family Service has two types of volunteers. Our Standards of Accreditation require us to comply with certain regulations regarding these volunteer types.
Regular and Ongoing Volunteers: Providing assistance with client services or ongoing administrative support to programs, handling confidential client information.
b) Part-time – 4 hours a week or more for 4 consecutive weeks
Regular and Ongoing Volunteers must be treated essentially like personnel of Child and Family Service in terms of the requirements they must meet.
1. Complete Volunteer Job Application
2. Complete Reference Checks from 3 prior employers or volunteer placements
3. Complete Job Description and Compliance with all Job Description requirements which may include:
a) Criminal background check (FBI finger printing)
b) Child Abuse and Neglect registry check (Department of Human Services)
c) Health Screening (complete physical exam; TB testing)
d) Specific experience and/or educational requirements
4. Documented in-person Interview with Volunteer Supervisor
5. Evaluations of performance annually or at completion of assignment
6. Adherence to all Child & Family Service policies and procedures including: Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest policies.
1. Supervision by a Child & Family Service Staff.
2. Adherence with Child & Family Service Confidentiality policies.
Please fill out the Volunteer Application, so that we will have an idea of your preference of volunteer work, types of clients or administrative support you would like to participate with and the days and hours of your availability. After we receive it, we will contact you to set up a time to meet with program staff and discuss your volunteer interests further.
For more information:
Credentialing / Volunteer Specialist
Email: Robin Lovediro
OTHER WAYS TO GIVE
CODE OF ETHICAL
PRINCIPLES AND STANDARDS